Saturday, January 10, 2009

You are a very beautiful PREPPY!


How could I go another post without paying homage to Miss Queen Bee herself, Blair Waldorf.

Now, I will have all of you loyal readers know that up until about 6 months ago I had no idea who Blair was. I attended a couple of events where several females abruptly called out "Oh my gosh, you look just like Blair!" And that was that. No more explanation, just this name. One day I was walking to school and a fellow female student approached me at the crosswalk and said, "I'm sorry to bother you, but have you ever been told that you look just like Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl?" and once again, I was confused. I told her I had in fact heard of her before, but was still confused as to what I had done to be considered a doppelganger.

And now the meat of the story. I tried to investigate this Blair with the last name of a famous hotel, and so I did. I tried stomaching a whole episode of Gossip Girl just to understand who and what she was. Turns out she's a major witch, and I never could pronounce my B's.

And yet!

And yet with all of her evil behavior and occasional over-the-top fashion choices, she has become like a drug. I literally watch the show only for her and Chuck Bass. Together, Chuck and Blair make up the most diabolical - thus enjoyable - couple to ever be TiVoed. They are evil and I am LOVING it.

Anyhow, now, to pay further homage, I give you a Blair Waldorf fashion photo gallery that makes me laugh, and sometimes makes me jealous. All I can say is that I existed before Blair Waldorf, so it is the people at Gossip Girl who are plagiarizing MY style, not the other way around. :) I wonder if Leighton Meester (the girl who plays Blair) ever gets accosted on street corners being told SHE looks like Courtney. I'm sure it happens all the time.

XOXO.























Love it! The headbands! It's just too much!


















Being Audrey in a particularly cool dream sequence.






















Yeah, she has an ice skating outfit. Who doesn't?



We both share a love of vests, skirts and wavy/curly hair. And um, I think that's orange juice?

4 comments:

  1. You do indeed look like Ms. Waldorf! What a fantastic look alike to have :)

    As for my look-a-like: Last week in primary a kid told me I looked like either a mom or a teenager...so I guess I'll take the teenager bit as a compliment. I don't know what to think about the mom part though :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blair is totally biting your style. I've watched Gossip Girl (you know I love it) since the beginning, and I definitely knew you (you know I love you) before then.

    And, I agree. Blair & Chuck (or Bluck, as I understand the kids are calling them) make the show. Meester and Westwick are on top of their game.

    The red vest especially looks to me like something you'd wear. The whole skating outfit is great, but I think the icing on the cake is the pompoms. Blair has pink pompoms on her skates. Of course she does.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather! I love you! I miss you! Come back to me! And yes, even as I wrote this post I was planning on facebooking you to tell you that you should read it because you - of all people - might appreciate the gossip girl love I was spreading. Sure, I think a lot of things are annoying about that show (Like stinking JENNY HUMPHRIES!) but, what can I say...signed, sealed, delivered. I'm theirs. *cue a big 'HEY, HEY,' and 'Here I aaaaam baby' right here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love & miss you too! I just read a post today about Little J herself, Taylor Momsen, and her tragic season 2 hair. I think Jenny is sometimes kind of awesome. But she is still a Humphrey. Meaning she Humphries things up all over the place. My vote for most annoying character ever? Aaron Rose's ex, Lexie.

    ReplyDelete