Tuesday, February 2, 2010

You are a very beautiful BETTER.

I am very aware of the fact now that sometimes the very best you can do is hope for the best. I have learned now that I can only say what I feel right saying, and I can only do what I feel right doing, and then people either respond as you had hoped, or they respond in a way that you had hoped they wouldn't. And when they respond in that way....you have nothing to fear or worry with. Because you can walk away, happy and hopeful and ready for all of the awesomeness ahead. I have learned that if a situation is making you unhappy, either figure out how to make it a happy situation or walk away from it. There's no point in making yourself and others miserable.

This is something that has become so clear to me in the last week. Conan O'Brien said it beautifully in his farewell to the tonight show speech:

"And all I ask is one thing...please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. For the record, its my least favorite quality. It doesn't lead anywhere. No one in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you are kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, its just true."


Too bad Conan is in his 50s and married, because I would probably sell an organ or two to marry that man. Is that bad?

Don't answer that.

Can you believe how many good things are on the horizon? It blows my mind.

3 comments:

  1. This is all true, but it makes me beg the question: what is it that happened to you to make you feel this way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second what Eric said....what happened?

    And Conan is in his 50s?!?!!? Wow....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm right behind you amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete