Friday, May 14, 2010

You are a very beautiful ladidadida.


Hello to all,

Sinus infections are the worst, but this one is really the worst because I am using it as a further excuse for my lack of motivation. But the truth is, although this sinus infection makes me feel icky and tired, it isn't really the reason for my lack of get-up-and-go, right now.

What do you guys do when you feel unmotivated? What are the triggers that get you back in the ballgame? My issue right now is feeling a little lost and I'm meandering a lot I suppose. So my lack of motivation is because I'm not sure what I should be motivated towards. "Whats my motivation?" you might say.

Because I have been out of commission, as it were, I have been writing a lot and brainstorming, but unfortunately, writing and brainstorming at this point won't pay my bills or keep people from asking me what I'm doing with my life. Its strange, but I feel like I'm at this wait and see juncture, and I'm not sure if this is truly accurate or something that I'm delusional about.

Dead Grandma, however, is being tackled, and each day new and amazing things are sprouting. What a great project! And what a blessing to get to be a part of something like it.

Last night, since my friend Will Kindrick and my roommate Tiffani are both sick along with me, we decided to have a sit and be sick together movie night. We watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off. John Hughes was amazing. What a cool way to get to live your life. Staying well away from the hollywood snobs, making the movies you believe in, and staying in Chicago basically. Cool for him. Good for him. Boo for me and everyone else that doesn't get to make our movies like M. Night Shyamalan and John Hughes.

Anyway, if you haven't watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off in a while, I suggest you do so. It reminds me of so many important things. . . like getting motivated. RIGHT NOW!

Do something great today.

XOXO.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha, Oh Courtney, love this post. Join the club, I feel that way all the time every time, why do you think I've picked up so many random skills that I have, it's because I gotta pay the bills while I'm trying to "find" myself ha ha and have things to tell people when they ask me my life Q's. Also we totally can be like John Hughes, that's my goal with Portland OR area so just pick a place and plan on it, smell ya later cool face. - Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, you're right, we ARE John Hughes. We are whoever we feel like! Also, soon you'll be so popular that you won't remember us anymore....but Oregon, oh Oregon, when will I go there? I blame you. (not really....you're the reason why i want to go so much more than before. :)

    ReplyDelete