Thursday, June 17, 2010

You are a very beautiful ha ha funny.

Today, while I was in the audience for Don't Forget the Lyrics (yes, I know,) the host, Mark McGrath, front man for the WILDLY famous band of the 1990s, Sugar Ray, gave me a personal serenade of "Unbreak my Heart" by Toni Braxton. It was all a joke and a part of the show, but I have to say...that ones up there on my weird list.

Not that he's weird, although he is, but that the situation is one of those random experiences in life that you can't make up.

Ah well, I also won a free gift card for guessing five movies correctly from randomly selected AFI quotes. Duh. What else do I actually know?

I was really sad when one contestant couldn't get the words to "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones even remotely right. And then the audience warm-up guy, a thirty-five year old who is super in-the-know, said he had never heard it before. Seriously? I understand not knowing the lyrics, but not ever hearing it before? Not even in a Coke commercial? Really!?

Back to the grind tomorrow. So excited to see my family in less than 48 hours!

Its time to get real.

-C

1 comment:

  1. mark mcgrath serenading you. wow. I don't even know what to say it's so amazing and perplexing and...

    ReplyDelete