Wednesday, November 23, 2011

You Are a Very Beautiful: A Healthy Recipe

I give you....my first recipe!


I am no health nut, although some of my posts recently may sound like I’m pretty health conscious (gym membership, juicing….). Usually my day goes like this: Healthy sensible breakfast, somewhat unhealthy lunch (I get starving at work, and let's just say that legumes don't speak to me in those moments), BAAAAAAD dinner (which =’s tasty dinner) followed by unhealthy snacks during our movie or television viewings. It’s a vicious cycle. But I do have one or two go-to healthy meal options, one that I share with you now. I am sincerely hoping that you guys can offer your own healthy recipes, specifically so the hubs and I don’t bungle all of our hard work at the gym (or not so hard work). Also, any tips you may have on NOT eating like Taz after work would be greatly appreciated as well (yes, I did just make a reference to Taz. Haven't done that since I was....9? When I'm sure I referenced him 6 times a day).

Salmon Spinach Salad

I’m sure someone else has done something similar to this salad (maybe even exactly) but I’m not going to check, because it made me feel like I created a recipe for the first time in my life. That person will have to rip it out of my cold dead hands:

Ingredients:
Two handfuls of Baby Spinach
2 Tablespoons of Plain Greek Yogurt
A half a cup of Almonds
A Small Pouch of Pink Wild Caught Salmon (any brand will do)
Tablespoon (or two) Balsamic Vinegar
Tablespoon of Olive Oil

Place the spinach on a plate. In a separate bowl, mix the contents of the salmon pouch with the Greek yogurt (yes, I find I REALLY like Greek yogurt as an ingredient now). After it’s thoroughly mixed, place it over the spinach (I like to do mine in a big ball like an ice cream scoop), sprinkle the almonds over, and drizzle the balsamic and olive oil.

Voila! A very simple, healthy, and delicious salad. The salmon and greek yogurt are what help satisfy you. Let’s face it, most salads leave you hungry in about 20 minutes--sometimes instantly in my case.

I’m in desperate need of more healthy (YUMMY) recipes. Many of you have been doing this longer than I have and I would love to get a feel for some of your go-to healthy recipes. Please share! Also, the simpler the better.

Love,

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment