Monday, December 5, 2011

You Are A Very Beautiful: Engagement Mania!

My brother and his girlfriend just got engaged over the weekend. I'm so happy for them! Emphasis on the exclamation point. Man is a giddy thing. Isn't that what Shakespeare (or Anonymous) said? I think getting engaged, or the proposal itself, is the most out of body experience you'll ever have, but in a great way. I wish them the best in their planning and execution. New sister! Yea-yuh! That's 5 Branning girls. Prepare yourself world. Also, my wonderful cousin Crosby got engaged this last week as well, and I'm so happy for them, too. It's going to be wedding season again.

My Brother and his Fiance Jordan


On a related note, one year ago today, Tom proposed to me. I know that your
engagement is not the one most people anniversarize, but for me, it was one of the best days of my life (a close second to our wedding day) so I like to give it credit. Also, I LOVE to anniversarize...everything. "Babe, this is the anniversary of when we first had that cranberry sandwich two months ago..." "Babe, this is the anniversary of when we first ate at Chick-Fil-A together," etc.


(I never posted this picture of us at dinner the night we got engaged. It made Tom sad. But there was a LOT going on that night. So here is the picture of me with the ring the night we got engaged.)



Tom is not with me on this 'special' anniversary, so here's a slice of life--a text transmission between the two of us.
(I'm in blue)
We were married on April 30, 2011. Tom might have already misremembered that recently. That's why the joke is funnier than it appears. Or, it is to us.

1 comment:

  1. Yay congrats to your brother, and to you and Tom!!!

    ReplyDelete