Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You Are a Very Beautiful: 2012

The Morrills 2012

This year my goals mostly involve inner-self-improvement. And my motto of the year shall be as follows:

"I can do things how and when I want to."

This is not as insolent as it sounds--or at least I hope it's not. I am just tired of beating myself up for feeling like the way I handle things is uncustomary, and therefore, wrong. And I also am tired of making myself feel guilty for not doing things when other people seem to do them (I have mostly not let this bother me anyway, as I got braces at nearly 18 years old, and graduated college at almost 25 years old, and in the land of Utah, I got married in my LATE 20s. Sacrilege!)

For Tom, he is being a little more empirical with his/our goals. Basically, it's measurable results or nothing. This is probably a better idea. Mine all have to do with things that I can't physically measure. The metric is either feeling warm and fuzzy or greasy and slimy. Not exactly something Sherlock Holmes would sanction.

Speaking of which, reading, watching and possibly ingesting all forms of Sherlock Holmes is one HUGE 2012 goal for both me and my husband. My brother Mason made that even a little more possible this year by gifting us the full Sherlock Holmes anthology for Christmas.

Next on the list is to eat my daily allotment of fruits and vegetables.

Also, I plan to start taking the Kardashian vitamins everyday. That isn't a crack. There really are Kardashian vitamins, and I bought them. I didn't know they were Kardashian vitamins until we got home. Oh, well.

I plan to write one page of my screenplay a day (and that's a minimum requirement).

I fully plan to run a 5k this year. I write this here with great trepidation. I have now committed myself in public writing. My pulse races.


Lastly, I plan to eat a lot more of these this year:

(Annie's Organic Cheddar Bunnies)

There are - naturally - many more detailed goals for this year, and perhaps I will feel brave enough to commit them to print soon.

In the meantime, I'd LOVE to hear about some of your goals. Please share. Heaven knows I just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment