Monday, February 6, 2012

You Are a Very Beautiful: Bee Inspired

I am entirely too distracted by things. Lately, I like to say 'inspired' instead of 'distracted'...makes me feel better about not sanding and lacquering the furniture on our roof right now (as I should be).

After watching this beautiful video about the systematic simplicity of beekeeping/honey-making from Kinfolk, I am so...in trouble. I've always thought the idea of beekeeping was cool, and now I see that it is more than an idea, and it IS cool. It's also beautiful.

honey harvest from tiger in a jar on Vimeo.

Also, special shout-out to my parents who gave me Kinfolk Volume II for my birthday, and have made a simplicity monster out of me. I am suddenly longing every two seconds to have small gatherings with simple, comfortable foods, made with love and nutrition in mind. Jaheeeeeeeez, I need to get a grip.

Simplicity should probably be just that: simple. Natural. Organic. Not obsessive. But I get a little obsessed with the idea of simplicity sometimes (please ask my long-suffering husband Tom for reference to Fall 2011: Courtney's Project 333 Obsession , and you will soon know just how manic I can be about this stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment