Tuesday, April 24, 2012

You Are a Very Beautiful: Phone Tag/Photo Tag

When I don't blog I feel like I'm playing a game of phone tag, except for it's just me, and no phone, and the only person I'm trying to catch up with is myself. Tom and I have been a bit 'bats in the belfry' lately, so you'll have to excuse the lack of updates. Moreover, you'll have to excuse the fact that I'm about to attack you with photos. Literally, you may need to gird up your loins, because there is a barrage of photo missiles coming your way.

Did I make that sufficiently dramatic? Do you feel like you're in Platoon? Good.

You see, it all started with a botched bang trim...

I've been going to the same place since October to get my 6 week fringe trim, and I don't know if I was sitting lopsided or what, but I had asymmetrical bangs for sure. I should have known it would start the month the way it did; a little edgy.

First, we were saddened to find that we had to move from our beloved loft. So, we made some last-minute efforts to have some fun on the roof and throw some parties before that would happen. The most important? My dear friend Coryn came home from France, and since I'd been planning a big soiree for months, we made it happen. We started with sanding and staining our table, and then put up some beautiful bistro lights, courtesy of another dear friend, Raschell.
Reunited and it feels so good...
Coryn's party turned out quite nice (in spite of the cold) and we had a ball with her family! Plus, bonus, it was the day after her birthday, so we did a little belated celebrating as well. Happy Birthday and welcome back, Coryn!

After that decided that we definitely didn't want to waste what little time we had left with our new and improved roof, so we invited a bunch of our couples friends over for another rooftop party and it rocked, too! Or, so says the hostess.
And then, Tom's parents were sweet enough - and TOUGH enough - to come and help us move out in time for our deadline .... and we threw even one more rooftop shindig.
And then it was time for me to ditch out on the actual unpacking of our place and head to LA for some Dead Grandma festivals!
The red carpet was fun and it was great to reunite with everyone! My dear, dear Mari B was even there for a day to say hello and goodbye, as she headed to her new life in Washington. Really Mari B, what's in the Pacific Northwest besides vampires and hipsters? Hipster Vampires, I guess.

But then....it was time for food and fun and f 'shenanigans with my dear, dear, Tiffani! We truly indulged ourselves. Starting with gigantic homemade pop tarts at Fred 62's.

(The top right photo is a picture of Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles at 4pm on a Saturday, the line went around the block)
We then went on a rousing and adventurous hike to one of Tiffani's most treasured Malibu haunts. Doesn't the picture with the hands remind you of the movie Hook when Pan finally finds himself again?
And after all of that fun (thanks a billion, Tiff) I came back to my hubs - who worked hard for those days I was gone - and to some sweet housewarming gifts (thanks for the gladiolus', Aunt Stephanie!). Then Tom went to Chicago for three days and brought me back the best Chicago-style deep dish (corn meal crust!) from Gino's. In a nutshell, it's been crazy and delicious you might say.
And what post would be complete without a random, fuzzy picture of a storm trooper from the night we went to the John Williams symphony performance at Abravanel Hall.
Do you have PTSD now?


1 comment:

  1. I love this! It looks like you've had so many fun adventures recently :)

    I LOVED the rooftop party so much. You and Tom are the best.

    ReplyDelete