Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You Are a Very Beautiful: Wedding Season and Nostalgia

I know, I've been remiss. It's time to roll up my sleeves and do a little updating. 

We've moved to a new place. We're CONTINUING to move into this new place. We like it a lot, but for some reason we are having a heck of a time being motivated to do anything but work at our respective jobs, workout at the gym in our building (how cool is that!?) and watch a lot of Aaron Sorkin material. A lot.  

Even still, a week and a half ago we had a 1 year anniversary and then actually celebrated it this past weekend. We had some grand plans to do some out-of-state adventuring, maybe to some national parks (because Tom really needs to catch up to his wife, who is basically Theodore Roosevelt when it comes to National Parks, c/o her father).  But instead we went to Park City, and had a relaxing, cushy hotel stay and indulged, indulged, indulged. Then it was back to work. 
(He's Handsome)

I didn't get a chance to say that Tom gave me a gorgeous and much-appreciated surprise: My wedding flowers. 
(a year ago and last week)

I chose lilacs for the wedding because they were my grandmother's favorite (and conveniently worked with my wedding colors), and with her not being able to be at my wedding (she died two years prior) I thought they would bring a little bit of her to the event. It was probably the most nostalgic thing I did that day besides sing a Smokey Robinson song at the reception that my parents used to sing to each other on long car rides (to National Parks! Full circle!) 

The day after we got married and were preparing to leave for our honeymoon, the flowers started to wilt and I got super sad. It was strange, it was like it was a symbol of the end of such a wonderful time. Then the marriage really started and the things have continued to get better. 

Tom was a sweetheart to bring those to me a year later. Every time I walked by them I stuck my face in them.  

And now, a little over a year later, we are ecstatic to be getting to be a part of my brother Mitchell's wedding to the the wonderful, and gorgeous, Jordan Cook. It's another wedding weekend and we are stoked. Can't wait for the party! 



(How dope is this picture of the two of them? By dope I mean romantic and cute)

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for love! That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both beautiful...inside and out. And...lilacs are my favorite bloom. Sad they don't last very long. See you at Mitch's reception:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Le sigh*...such romantic lives you Brannings lead! Congrats on the first year down and countless happy ones to come! Hug the future groom for me, too!

    ReplyDelete