Thursday, September 6, 2012

You're Are a Very Beautiful: Diners, Drive-Ins and Morrills

Since Tom and I are going to be averaging about 4 days a month with each other now, we've decided to make the most of our time together before his next international trip (today). We probably go a smidgen overboard. 

Last night, he wanted to take me to a place he's had in mind for a while, but we had never ventured to: Pat's BBQ, a featured SLC restaurant on Diner's, Drive-Ins, and Dives (DDD). I had no preconceived ideas about the place, just that is was from DDD, and I knew that I was craving some southern heart attack food. We came to the right place!


Let me start by saying, no,  EXCLAIMING, that this place rocked my socks and exceeded all of the expectations I didn't even have. 


We ordered the three meat combo (ribs, brisket and pulled pork) and maybe I was just really in the mood for comfort food, but it was dy-no-mite. 


There was also live music in 'Howie's Hall' where we sat, and I have to say, any white guy that can cover Muddy Waters deserves a pat on the back. He definitely had his mojo working. 

Not that it makes being a part any easier, but having date/outings like this one do make our time together a lot more....delicious. 

4 comments:

  1. 4 days a month? It sounds like you need to take a crash course in "Stowing Away on Your Husbands Business Trips" from the "Raschell Peschke School of Enjoying Married Life Before Kids."*

    *Financial aid not available

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear it was good - the few DDD places I've tried out here have not been worth what they cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Tyson said. Or just move in with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyson and Raschell: I think both are very decent proposals. I could LIVE with Raschell and get tutoring from the RPSEMLBK ("Raschell Peschke School of Enjoying Married Life Before Kids"). Honestly, I don't know why I even bothered with a BA at BYU.

    Morgan, sorry to hear you've had the bad DDD experiences. I've only been to a few and they've always been...OK at least. This one was REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete