Sunday, June 30, 2013

You Are A Very Beautiful: We're Pregnant


It's official:  I am in a family way. If Tom and me spawning was actually your greatest fear, well, then I guess ...happy doomsday.


I am ripening as we speak. My stomach feels 10 times bigger than it is. I look at pictures and say "Oh, well, that's not so bad" only for my waistbands to tell another story.

Both husband and wife are happy and excited and nervous, but we mostly still can't believe it's really happening. I hear that's a common thing. Grandparents? Pretty excited too.

Now, I have a real question and a plea: do I have any recently pregnant friends or family that might have some maternity clothes for me to borrow for a few months? I hate spending money on short term clothes. Summer clothes would be especially appreciated at this time. I have a lot of clothes that I can use, but I need some summer shirts that don't bare my growing midriff. Apparently I've been a pretty big sweater advocate through the years.

Let's see, more updates:

Tom and I have taken - what feels like - about a dozen road trips in the last 6 weeks. Surprisingly, Father, Mother and baby-in-womb did well. Only threw up one time, on one leg, of one of the trips. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself. That was misleading. It was me that threw up, not Tom or the baby, just to clarify.


 He's not like other Dads, he's like a cool dad. 

So far I felt pretty good the first week after we found out and then it just sort of spiraled from there. It is like being car sick, only you can't just open a window or get out and walk or sit in the front and look on the horizon to feel better. Nope. You just have to ralph sometimes and and maybe you'll feel better afterwards. Miracle!

To tell you the truth, it hasn't been that bad. I've mostly just been very lazy. Like, unspeakably lazy!

Lately, having come out of the first trimester, I am starting to feel better and am actually being productive again, and NOT having to lie to people about why I can't go to things that they've invited me to. That's been nice. I can just come right out and say it now: "Sorry, I may or may not vomit and I eat like a 4 year old right now."

I had to cut out on a few events because of 'the sickness' when we could not tell. I am sorry, but at least now we all know the truth. I didn't want to vomit on you. I'd call that fairsies.

What I miss: sushi, riding roller coasters, hot tubs (a desire to do so has been so strong on some occasions that I have considered being sedated) having an appetite, enjoying vegetables, and sushi. All things that are deeply missed, depending on the day and the inclinations I'm having.

What I love so far:
Cereal, salads, PEACHES, Kraft Macaroni and cheese, going to bed early and sleeping in late, crying during Unchained Melody at the She & Him concert to Tom's shock and amusement. Ok, that last one is sarcastic. I didn't love that, I cried more and told him to "Not make fun," with huge tears in my eyes. But now I can laugh about it.

Mostly, thank you to everyone for being sweet and helpful. You've been sparkling examples of great children and parents. We are less fearful of the future when we see how you handle yourselves. And now, let's see if we can sail this ship all the way to December 7th, 2013.

5 comments:

  1. THAT IS AWESOME! CONGRATS TO YOU GUYS and YOUR momma and papa! I'm sure your mom is beside herself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carolyn! They are pretty excited I think. I can imagine being a grandparent is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, you two! I'm so happy for you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I don't know you well but I think you are going to be a Wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete